Friday, November 18, 2011

Recipe for a Good Life



Recipes for a Good Life

In school we are working on recipes to make a good life. It is just like a food recipe but instead of ingredients like sugar or butter we use things like family that make a good life. Kyle showed us her grandmother’s recipes that were worn and in little old containers. She passed them around so everyone could take a look at them. Some of them were hand written in cursive and some were typed on a typewriter. We brainstormed verbs that had to with cooking.  Some of them were mix, stir, sprinkle, and chop.  We also brainstormed measurement words like cups and pinches.  Then we worked on computers to make an ingredients list and then added directions.


What would you include in a recipe for a good life?

Posted by Alise P.

9 comments:

  1. I think there are so many things I would put in a Quality of Life Recipe. I definitely would want to mix in a pound of work because I love teaching my class so much. Clara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your post Alise! I really enjoyed looking at Kyles recipes, I hope you did too!
    -Lila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some quality's for a good life that I used were: Imagination, Family & Friends and Confidence. With these things I am sure most people will have a good life!
    -Julianna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished my recipe today and it was really fun and I think quality of life is important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alise you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yah I loved reading the recipes and doing the posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To have a good quality of life, do you need your basic need met?
    (food, water, shelter, clothes)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you do because without it you would die :)

    ReplyDelete