Monday, October 24, 2011

Quality of Life


We studied “Quality of Life” by talking about “What qualities would you need to have a quality life?” My top 5 qualities are:
Health
Family
Education
Community
Confidence
My parent’s top 3 qualities are:
Health 
Happiness
Gratefulness
I think people need health because if someone doesn’t have health someone could get a disease, and maybe die. All people need health. I chose family because most of the time family gives you love and you can be happy. It would be great if every one had family/love but not every one needs it.  Good education can get you in to a good high school, and a good high school can get you in to a good college, and that can help you get into a good job. Jobs get you money and with money you can pay for the things you need.  Education is very important. I chose community because people around you can help you and help you get the things that you need. I don’t think every one needs it but it’s good to have it and some people’s family is their community. 

My parent’s thought that being grateful is important because when you are grateful you can appreciate all the things in life. And they thought that happiness is important because when you are happy you can enjoy life. And if you are healthy you feel great.

This is what our class thought compared to our parents:

We all agree on friends, love/family, health, food and freedom. It was a surprise that the parents didn’t say education, because it can help you get a good job and that helps you get money.

What do you think makes a quality life?

By Amelia L


4 comments:

  1. I loved looking at these two lists and comparing! I am amazed by how similar the lists are. and I noticed that kids considered animals to be part of quality of life whereas adults did not think of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad let me use his sign in to post on here about having your students comment on my blog and potentially sharing from my 5th grade class in Wyoming. http://letitbeheard3.blogspot.com/

    DiMaggio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey DiMaggio,

    Thanks for hopping onto our blog and making a comment. Good for you. Did you find us on the blogging map? You are clearly very resourceful. Yes! We would love to blog with your 5th grade class. Although, you should be forewarned, we are just dipping into the blogosphere (we are eager to blog, but rookies). Do you want to connect us with your teacher? Is your teacher on Twitter? Meanwhile, we will check out your blog tomorrow. Thanks for connecting!

    Warm regards,

    Kyle (teacher in Room 22-and yes, we call our teachers by their first names at our school)

    ReplyDelete